Have you heard about Steak Florentine? It's unbelievably good! This steak is first grilled and then placed on a bed of peppery arugula. It's loaded with fresh shaved parmesan and drizzled with a light lemon vinaigrette. The combination of flavors are magic.
This Bistecca Fiorentina recipe is: Low Carb, Keto, Gluten Free and Remarkable.
My BISTECCA FIORENTINA (GRILLED STEAK FLORENTINE) Experience
During October of 2016, my family and I were traveling through Northern Italy. It was a fantastic trip through Milan, Lake Como, Venice, Florence and Cinque Terra. We not only loved all the sights but the food was magnificent in its simplicity. I absolutely fell in love with just how pure Italian cooking really can be.
One night, we sat at a table overlooking the water and ordered four different meals. Everything was delicious, but my order of Bistecca Fiorentina forever changed my life. I asked the owner of the restaurant exactly what they did to make the steak taste so incredible... and he told me everything.
How To COOK Bistecca Fiorentina
The first step is to choose a quality cut of meat. You want this steak to melt-in-your-mouth and that usually doesn't happen with low grade beef.
Next, you're going to want to bring the beef up to room temperature approximately an hour or two before cooking.
At the same time you bring the beef out to come to room temperature, go ahead and give it a good coating of salt. Nothing else is required.
When it is time to cook the beef, make sure that your grill is nice and hot. We want to get a good sear.
The SECRETS to a Great BISTECCA FIORENTINA
There are 4 secrets to making a delicious Steak Florentine:
- The Meat: Buy a nicely marbled steak such as a Delmonico or the Ribeye (which are largely the same cut). Season the meat well in advance of when you are going to be using it.
- The Cheese: Find a nice chunk of parmesan cheese and lovingly grate it with a microplane, shearing off tiny tendrils of delight with each pass. Forget the ground parmesan, the stuff in a green can or pre-shaved.
- The Acid: To balance the unctuous cheese and fat from the steak, acid is a necessity. Making a light lemony vinaigrette with just lemon, olive oil and salt is good enough. Find the best olive oil available without bitterness to compliment the steak perfectly.
- The Bed: Once our beautiful slab of beef is perfectly cooked and rested, we're going to want to lay it on a bed of peppery arugula. Make sure in each bite to have some greens, parmesan, vinaigrette and steak.
Are you in the mood to explore more grilling wonders? Fantastic! Here’s a roundup of some of the most popular grilling recipes on the blog, including a special twist with our 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade:
Grilled Pork Chops with Peaches: Elevate your pork chops with a sweet and savory twist. These chops, grilled to perfection and paired with juicy peaches, offer a delightful balance of flavors. The peaches makes this recipe non keto-friendly.
Dead Sexy Leg of Lamb: This is an aromatic and tender feast. This simple yet elegant recipe brings out the rich flavors of the lamb. Just perfect for holiday gatherings and special evenings.
The Perfect Porterhouse Steak: For a classic steak experience, learn the foolproof way to ensure every bite of this amazing steak is juicy and flavorful.
Flat Iron Pan Seared Steak: A quick and tasty alternative to using the grill: pan searing to perfection. I'll show you how to do it in this post.
Grilled Beer Can Chicken: Imagine a whole chicken, moist and flavorful, without any beer at all. This is a grilling delight guaranteed to deliver a tender, juicy bird every time.
- 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade: Pair this marinade with flank steak, skirt steak (or bavette, if you live abroad). It's bright aromatics bring out the best beef flavors!