If you loved my last post about the Thai Red Curry Soup, brace yourselves for this Shrimp Salad Recipe that will redefine lunch. This shrimp salad is perfectly seasoned, packed with fresh ingredients, and simply divine.
This is lunch reimagined: succulent shrimp mixed with fresh herbs and veggies wrapped up in a lettuce cup, like a delicious gift for your taste buds.
This shrimp salad recipe is LOW CARB, KETO-FRIENDLY and GLUTEN-FREE.
Why this low-carb shrimp salad recipe is a "Must Try."
How Many Average Carbs Are In Shrimp Salad?
Let's take a look at the numbers. If this recipe is made with sugar-free mayo and fresh ingredients, it's got about 2-3 grams of net carbs per serving. This accounts for all the veggies, shrimp and the mayo. Super keto-friendly and definitely low carb.
Building a low-carb community
Stronger with support
I thought this journey could be done alone. I thought I was strong enough to maintain the weight loss for the rest of my life.
I was wrong.
Subscribe below and keep in touch. Join the conversation. I'm here to support your journey too.
Here are the only updates I'll ever send: New Recipes with Low-Carb Tips. That's it. For updates on my Journey, expanding community etc... please visit my subscriptions page.
Unsubscribe at anytime from anything I send.
Is Shrimp a Low-Carb Protein?
What Can You Eat as a Side Dish With Shrimp Salad That Is Also Low Carb?
You can pair this shrimp salad with salted cucumber slices or celery sticks. Want something a bit more fun? How about a side of grilled asparagus or zucchini. One of my favorites is to slice up some fresh tomato sprinkled with salt. The contrast in acid between the shrimp salad recipe and sliced tomatoes is amazing.
What is the best type of shrimp to use for this shrimp salad recipe?
Pre-cooked shrimp are your go-to for this recipe. It makes the whole thing effortless—no fuss, no muss. Ensure they’re peeled, deveined, dried, and diced before adding to the salad.
I've used medium-sized shrimp, which equates to a 41-50 count per pound. This is for peeled shrimp.
How to make this shrimp salad recipe in just 10 minutes
Tips for Making this Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Use Fresh Ingredients: The freshness of your veggies and herbs will make or break this dish. Get creative and use some parsley, basil, or other fresh herbs too!
- Mayo Moderation: Too much mayo can drown out your flavors. Start with a small amount and adjust. The worst bite has too much mayo and too few shrimp.
- Season Generously: Don't skimp on the lime, salt, or pepper. A well-seasoned dish pumps the flavor right up.
- Lettuce Choice Matters: Go for a lettuce that can hold its own—like romaine. Wimpy lettuce can't bear the weight! Remember, the lettuce is simply a delivery vehicle that adds some nice crunch to the shrimp salad!
- Chill Before Serving: Let the salad sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes to meld those flavors together.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: If you're taking this salad to a BBQ or summer party, place it out of direct sunlight in a cool spot. The shrimp and mayo have a natural aversion to getting warm, and this could result in an unpleasant experience!
Want more Awesome lunchtime salads? Try these delicious recipes:
The Best Egg Salad Recipe: Everyone who tries this egg salad recipe comes back for more. You'll love it.
Low-Carb Tuna Salad: Simple. Delicious. Packed with flavor. Yum.
Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe: Amazingly juicy and ready for any lunchtime gathering. It is so good and is entirely low-carb, too.
Cucumber Feta Salad is the perfect side dish for lunch or light dinner. It's zesty, tasty, and easy to make.
Tomato Feta Salad: Looking for something just a bit different? Swap out the mozzarella with some feta, and your taste buds will tell you it's delightful!
The STruggle is REAl
Over the last year, I've fallen off the low carb way of eating and I know I'm not the only one. I've gained back over 50lbs and have tried desperately to kick-start myself back into ketosis... but it hasn't worked so far.
It's been a long and painful journey gaining so much weight back. I've learned that restarting low carb is so much harder than I'd ever imagined, but I have a plan that I want to share.
I will be documenting my return to the low carb lifestyle on this site. If you're interested in following along, be sure to subscribe below.
Restarting Low Carb
Don't Stop Now—More Awesome Recipes Await!
So, there you have it. A shrimp salad recipe that's not just low-carb but also a symphony of flavors perfect for the summer. If you're itching for another culinary adventure, you'll want to stick around. We've got a Roasted Eggplant & Burrata Appetizer that will knock your socks off. Trust me, you don't want to miss it. Subscribe to stay in the loop.
This website provides approximate nutrition data and information for convenience and as a courtesy only.