Happiness is this tandoori style grilled chicken recipe at the table for dinner. Give this recipe a try the next time you need some new flavors at your table. It is so easy to make and tastes amazing for every bite.
This Tandoori Style Grilled Chicken recipe is: Low Carb and Gluten Free.
Why I Made These TANDOORI STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN LEGS
Before leaving for France, I was turned onto tandoori chicken at a restaurant in Cleveland. It was so good that I had to get it again. And again. There's just something about it which is addicting to my palate.
While we were living in France, I was playing around with different ways to make tandoori style chicken without an actual tandoori oven. Well, the grill is as close as I could come to the tandoori... so that's how this recipe was born.
Why this Tandoori Chicken Recipe is Great
I love this recipe because it tastes fantastic and uses such fresh, wonderful ingredients.
We're going to use greek yogurt as the base for the marinade and load it up with wonderful spices.
Keep in mind that it doesn't actually take 2 hours to make this recipe, but that is how long we are going to leave the legs in the marinade.
Here's a quick tip: If you want, load them into the marinade in the morning before leaving for work and they will be good to go when you get home! Or, toss them in the fridge the night before and they're ready when you wake up!
HOW TO MAKE TANDOORI STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN
It couldn't be easier to make tandoori style grilled chicken. Here are the steps:
- Combine greek yogurt, grated ginger, paprika, fresh garlic, ground cumin, turmeric, cayenne powder, salt and olive oil together in a large bowl.
- Place your chicken legs or thighs into the marinade, mix well to cover all the chicken.
- Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your grill for 10 minutes on high heat.
- Cook the legs for 10 minutes on one side. Flip and repeat for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken legs when the interior temperature has reached a minimum of 165F. I recommend taking the temperature higher for this recipe to firm up the chicken more.
- Add to a platter or serving dish.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and a fresh squeeze of lime.
- The most important step: Enjoy!
TRY THESE CHICKEN DINNER RECIPES
If you love the look of my tandoori style grilled chicken, then you should definitely check out some of my other fantabulous chicken recipes: