Some people might ask... why an Asian Carrot Salad recipe? My response is simple: it is just so refreshing. It has a really nice carrot crunch followed up with a slightly sweet, citrusy dressing. It is also versatile. You can spice it up with hot peppers, chili paste or red pepper flakes... or keep it nice and mellow.
This Asian Carrot Salad recipe is: Low Carb, Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan.
SPIRALIZED ASIAN CARROT SALAD RECIPE
My Asian Carrot Salad recipe just kinda fell together for me a couple years ago. I was playing around with the spiralizer one afternoon and started eating the spiralized carrots with a set of chopsticks. Who knows why. They were just there and it looked like fun.
Although I love carrots, they didn't taste like anything special. I had a lime, some oil and raw honey. One thing led to the next for the dressing. I started dipping the carrots into the dressing and really enjoyed the combination.
Since then we have enjoyed this Asian Carrot Salad with different levels of heat, onion and sweetness. The recipe in this post goes right down the middle with very little heat, but plenty of suggestions on how to add it to your liking.
HOW TO MAKE AN ASIAN CARROT SALAD
Here are the steps to making this salad:
- Spiralize or shred the carrots. It is best not to buy pre-shredded or sliced carrots. They will either be too dry or completely saturated.
- Mix together the ingredients for the salad dressing in a small bowl.
- Combine the ingredients for the carrot salad in a larger bowl.
- Add the salad dressing sparingly, mixing well with each addition. It needs to be lightly dressed, not swimming in dressing.
- Hold in the refrigerator to maintain crispness.
It's really quite an easy side salad to make for just about any occasion. The best part is that there are no ingredients which will spoil in the sun, so it is great to take to an outdoor gathering.
Here are some other really tasty carrot side dishes:
PLEASE NOTE: The nutritional data is provided by NutriFox and may not be 100% accurate.