This might be the easiest grilled chicken wings recipe you’ll find. We’re going to smother these wings in a wonderful wet rub and grill them to perfection. They’re so tasty you won’t need a dipping sauce.
This grilled chicken wings recipe is Gluten Free, Paleo, Low Carb and radically awesome.
Eat this Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe today.
Seriously. Eat it today. It takes about five minutes to put everything together and under 20 minutes to cook these wings. I made 30 of them last night for our family and it was smiles all around. I think that there was even a high five thrown in there. These are some seriously delicious wings.
I like my wings a little crispy and charred when they are cooked on the grill. You’ll notice when you cook this recipe that with the wet rub these wings won’t stick to the grill grates. Instead, they pick up some serious color and awesome char-grilled flavor. I think that this will turn into one of your “go-to” wing recipes in no time flat!
QUICK COOKING TIP: When you are preheating your grill, make sure that it gets good and hot before you add the wings. In order to get the nice sear on the wings and for them to cook through when we turn down the heat, the grill grates need to be pretty hot. I think on my grill the hood thermometer said 600 degrees, which is REALLY hot. If your grill doesn’t get that hot, look for 350 to 400. When you are cooking the wings, the hood thermometer (if you have one) should always register around 350 to 400 degrees.
GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
- 30 Chicken Wings flats and drums
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Granulated Garlic Powder
- 1 TBSP Granulated Onion Powder
- 1 TSP Cumin
- 1 TSP Ground Mustard
- 1 TSP Hungarian Paprika
- 1 TSP Kosher Salt
- 1/2 TSP Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 TSP Cayenne Powder
- Preheat your gas grill with all burners on HIGH. Make sure that it is clean and at about 500 degrees before grilling.
- In bowl large enough to fit all the wings, add in the olive oil and all the spices. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the wings and mix with a rubber spatula to coat the wings.
- If you are running a 4 burner grill, turn the 2 burners on the right to low. Add all the wings over those 2 burners. Cook for 10 minutes, watching for flare-ups.
- After 10 minutes, use tongs and flip the wings to the other side of the grill. After the wings have been moved, turn the left burners to low and the right burners to high. Cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the grill and serve hot. Enjoy!
Final thoughts on the Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe:
So if you really need a sauce, these wings love to be paired with the Tabasco Buffalo Sauce. I know that I should probably be putting up a wing sauce recipe, but the Buffalo Sauce is just delicious with these wings. This is not a sponsored plug, just what we ate that goes well with it!
If you’re looking for some alternative ideas to the grilled chicken wings recipe, try out my Spicy Thai Wings, Smoked Wings or Crispy Baked Chicken Wings. We love our wings around here! Hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Happy eating.