Looking to spice up your next meal? You’ve found the right place to do it. My recipe for Spicy Roasted Broccolini will crank up the spice just enough to make things interesting without melting your face. Broccolini loves heat and we are going to deliver it with this super fresh roasted recipe.
This Spicy Roasted Broccolini recipe is: Low Carb, Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan
Spicy Roasted Broccolini with a Hint of Lime.
Variety is the spice of life and too often we gravitate to the same veggie side dishes we have made for years. Let’s climb out of the dull side dish routine and jump headlong into some delightfully spicy broccolini roasted with peppers and pepper flakes.
Let’s get one thing on the table. My job here is not to make your dining experience uncomfortable… it is to enhance your table with really tasty recipes. I don’t run one of those crazy shows where people eat ghost peppers for the fun of it. All we want to do is add enough spice to make things interesting. If you want to control the heat, add less pepper flakes. We’ll just call it Less Spicy Roasted Broccolini.
It seems as though broccolini has come into vogue in the last couple years. You should be able to find it in just about any grocery store. I bought these at Trader Joe’s where they are called Baby Broccoli rather than broccolini. Keep in mind that this recipe will work with regular broccoli florets as well!
How to Roast Broccolini in the Oven
Here are the steps to roast broccolini in the oven perfectly every time:
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Coat the broccolini lightly with olive oil.
- Add to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Season how you would like.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes or until tender.
If you have large stalks on your broccolini, you may want to peel them prior to roasting. They have a tendency to toughen while cooking.
Want to know what to serve with your Spicy Roasted Broccolini? Here are some good options:
Spicy Roasted Broccolini (Baby Broccoli)
- 2 Bunches Baby Broccoli (broccolini)
- 2 Anaheim Chilis Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pinch Salt & Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Lime Juice Optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Coat the broccolini with 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil along with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the broccolini to a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a bowl, add the peppers, pepper flakes and remaining olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Layer the pepper mixture on the broccolini.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a serving dish. If you would like, lightly sprinkle with some lime juice.
PLEASE NOTE: The nutritional data is provided by NutriFox and may not be 100% accurate.